February 11, 2014 – Meet at 8:30 Veterans Day at the cemetery to place flags on the 84 veteran’s grave sites. Also, mark and place grave markers in the cemetery and general maintenance.
August 2, 2014 (Saturday) - 8:30 a.m. till noon. Come help us clean and level grave markers. Do you have a specific grave marker that needs cleaning, repaired, or leveled? This is the time to have it done for nothing or a small nominal donation. Contact Ernie Krewson at (503) 931-6266 to volunteer. Your assistance will help toward the betterment of our cemetery and the completion of the number of volunteer hours needed for the completion of our grant. The cemetery will receive $ 1,100 if the number of total volunteer hours are completed.
January 28, 2014 Completion of a black chain link fence 618 feet long with two four foot gates. The job was completed by West Coast Fencing. Oversight of project by Dale Wilson, Tom and Ernie Krewson.
May 3, 2014 (Saturday) – Maintenance crew working in cemetery mowing and cleaning up from 8 a.m. till noon.
May 16, 2014 (Friday) – Maintenance crew working in cemetery mowing and cleaning from 8 a.m. till noon.
May 17 (Saturday), 2014, Dora Cemetery Association’s annual meeting is being held at Coos Curry Electric Cooperative’s board room located in Coquille, Oregon at 10 AM. Address is 220 S. Mill Avenue, Coquille, Oregon 97423. Call Ernie Krewson at 503.393.0585 if you have questions or input.
May 24, 2014 A flag is placed on the grave of each of the veterans interred in our cemetery. Light maintenance work in the morning. Refer to Veteran listing – Dora Cemetery Veteran Listing 2
August 2, 2014 (Saturday) - 9 a.m. till 1:00 a.m. come help us clean and level grave markers. Do you have a specific grave marker that needs cleaning, repaired, or leveled? This is the time to have it done for nothing or a small nominal donation. Contact Ernie Krewson at (503) 931-6266 to volunteer. Your assistance will help toward the betterment of our cemetery. See more later on down on this page.
December 5 (Friday), 2014, Dora Cemetery Board of Directors meeting held at Coos Curry Electric Cooperative’s board room located in Coquille, Oregon at 8 a.m.
Dear Dora Cemetery Association (DCA) Members State Grant information:
Volunteers’ sparing their valuable time, generous donations and sharing of ideas has greatly improved our cemetery since May 2010. Dale Wilson, Tom Krewson, Ernie Krewson, and Clell Laird invite you to the 2014 DCA work parties. Please contact Ernie Krewson at (503) 393-0585 if you are interested in:
- Participating in the state grant program during 2014-2015 for cleaning and leveling grave markers at our cemetery. The success of this project relies on you volunteering your valuable time at our cemetery. The state is granting us funding to repair grave markers by paying our cemetery $ 8 for each hour a volunteer works on the betterment of our grave markers. Please come to our special event as refreshments and light snacks will be provided. Donations are gladly accepted in lieu of volunteer work.
- Donating funds in maintaining the cemetery grounds or cleaning/leveling grave markers
- Participating in the next grounds maintenance (i.e. mowing, brush cutting) work party
- Coming to either function and sharing your ideas or reminiscing about ole times
- Making a donation to our cemetery
- New fence
- Extending parking lot adding additional pavement
The Dora Cemetery is a private, non-profit pioneer cemetery managed by volunteers who are contributing their time and money. The cemetery receives no regular funding from the local, state, or federal governments, nor is significant grant funding available to defray our maintenance and administrative costs. Can you make a contribution toward the real costs of maintaining our special place? If so, please send a tax deductible donation to the address listed below OR click on the tab provided and you will be taken to the donations page -
The Dora Cemetery Association is a federally recognized 501(c) (13) charitable organization. As such, Internal Revenue Code § 170(c)(5) provides for federal and state income tax deductions for those who contribute to the Dora Cemetery Association. Attached IRS letter granting our cemetery tax-exempt status for donations and historical cemetery status provided – 2013 IRS Tax Exempt Letter (2) and Historical Cemetery Certificate
Donate securely online, using your Visa, MasterCard, or bank account, via PayPal.
We will promptly reply with an acknowledgement letter and income tax certificate supporting your tax deductible donation.
Please share with family and friends.
Dale Wilson, president
Tom Krewson, active board member
Secretary / Treasurer
1811 Stone Hedge Drive
Keizer, Oregon 97303
March 1 (Friday), 2013 The following announcement posted at the Dora Cemetery:
The Dora Cemetery Association (DCA) annual meeting of May 19, 2012, approved the following:
- Grave site prices are $ 400.
- Administrative fee to be paid prior to interment is $ 150 (May 18, 2013, annual meeting changes it from $ 50 to $ 150).
The DCA board of directors in their December 7, 2012, meeting made the following changes:
- All interments whether of traditional or cremation are to be done only by our sexton, John Frazier. John Frazier contact information is (541) 572-5612.
- All placements of grave markers are to be placed in our cemetery by our sexton, John Frazier.
- Burial eligibility rules now include Voting District #28 as it existed as of May 19, 1979. This includes the general areas of Fairview, Laverne Park, Hungry Mountain, McKinley, Cherry Creek Park, Cherry Creek, and Middle Creek. It doesn’t include Myrtle Point, Norway, Lee Valley or Gravelford.